Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Home Stretch

     Well now. The FLGS is having a 1250pt WFB tournament this weekend, and I am trying to get ready. I have pretty much finished my list, and have assembled all the models. Now all I have to do is finish the painting. Here is a pic of what I have, list is after the jump.


Here is what I am taking...
1250 Pts - Orcs & Goblins Roster
Big Boss (1#, 106 pts)
   1 Black Orc Big Boss @ 106 pts (General; Quell Animosity; Size Matters - Black Orcs; Heavy Armour; Shield)
      1 Martog's Best Basha

Shaman (1#, 125 pts)
   1 Orc Shaman @ 125 pts (Size Matters - Orcs; Level 2 Upgrade; Choppa)
    
Night Goblin Mob (27#, 197 pts)
   25 Night Goblins @ 197 pts (Size Matters - Goblins; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Nets; Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield; Animosity; Fear Elves; Hate Dwarves)
      2 Fanatics

Boyz Mob (19#, 144 pts)
   18 Orc Boyz @ 144 pts (Size Matters - Orcs; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Choppa; Light Armour; Shield; Animosity)
      1 Orc Boss (Choppa; Light Armour; Shield)

Boyz Mob (20#, 150 pts)
   19 Orc Boyz @ 150 pts (Size Matters - Orcs; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Choppa; Light Armour; Shield; Animosity)
      1 Orc Boss (Choppa; Light Armour; Shield)

Black Orcs (14#, 234 pts)
   13 Black Orcs @ 234 pts (Size Matters - Black Orcs; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Armed to da Teef; Choppa; Heavy Armour; Shield)
      1 Black Orc Boss (Choppa; Heavy Armour; Shield; Armed to da Teef)

Shooty Things (4#, 70 pts)
   1 Goblin Rock Lobber @ 70 pts (Stone Thrower)
      3 Goblin Crew (Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves)

Shooty Things (4#, 80 pts)
   1 Goblin Doom Diver Catapult @ 80 pts (Stone Thrower)
      3 Goblin Crew (Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves)

Shooty Things (4#, 80 pts)
   1 Goblin Doom Diver Catapult @ 80 pts (Stone Thrower)
      3 Goblin Crew (Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves)

Squig Herd (10#, 60 pts)
   6 Night Goblin Squig Herd @ 60 pts (Animosity; Hate Dwarves; Immune to Psychology)
      4 Night Goblins (Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves; Hate Dwarves; Immune to Psychology)

Validation Report:
Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Army Subtype: Orc & Goblin Horde
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1246

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
      I have had ok success with this list. I have not won as many as I would like, but I have been in them all up until the end.

     The tournament does not require painting, but I would like to be completely finished for this event. Since I usually run tournaments, it will be nice to play in one for a change.

As for the work left, well as you can see in the picture (and not see evidently) I have the front rank of my second unit of Orc Boys and my second Doom Diver to paint. I am hoping to finish the boys today, but as of this time I am not feeling that great so it may not happen. Here is where the Boys stand now.
     Nothing great, just some solid table top quality.

     After that I need to do the Doom diver. It is assembled but not even primered yet.

I will keep you posted on the progress. Wish me luck in next weeks event.

3 comments:

Papa JJ said...

Good luck getting the remaining miniatures painted for the tournament, even if it's not a requirement. And good luck at the tournament as well! I hope you feel better and are able to paint more of your Orcs today.

Gauthic said...

It's not a requirement, but it sure helps your army's karma hehe

Master Manipulator (every store needs one) said...

Not so sure about that Gauthic. My army has not done so well since I started heavily working on it.