Thursday, November 4, 2010

Howling Banshee Exarch...WIP 1

 Well I am starting to break out of my funk and started to actually work on a mini. Since I am not currently working on any particular army for any particular game I just grabbed a model from one of my armies and started painting. This model may never see the table but I like it none the less.

I am not the type of eldar player to worry too much about painting aspects in their traditional themes. I do however try to incorporate a bit of the aspect colors in with my chosen craftworld color scheme. Since I paint guardians in my army with red armor and gray cloth I wanted to have those colors on this model. I also want one of the aspect colors along with them so I decided to use the light tan color you often see on banshees.

I decided to go with the red on the armor as well on this banshee and I think it goes well with the tan I chose for the cloth. I intend to use the gray on the tabard to tie the army together.

The tan is really the only thing that is remotely close to being finished on this model. The red is simply a base coat, and the hair is still in the experimental stage. The hair may change but even if it does not it is still far away from finished.

Here are some additional shots for you to look at.

1 comment:

Carlos said...

I have always liked the look of your Eldar. I haven’t seen them in years but they were cool.