Well, I am pretty much finished here. I Completed the eyes and added the freehand to the scroll. I also added some basing. I think I might have been able to do more to this model but I was starting to get to the point where I was fighting any ideas I had and just needed to get it done.
I spent a lot of time trying to decide what to put on the scroll. Between my own apprehension about actually messing it up and trying to come up with something I really liked, I did about ten to fifteen different practice ones on some paper. Finally I just had to find something simple that had more than just squiggly lines to look at.
As for the basing I am not real sure on that. Like a lot of other things I am doing right now I was trying some new techniques. On this one I actually applied some ink and then dry-brushed some paint over the static grass to give it a different look. Even though I do not really like the combined look I like what I learned about the grass and I think I might be able to take that and use it to a better affect later.
So hopefully you like it. I will keep you updated as I work on the rest of unit.