Well maybe I should change the title of this one. This tag team project that started here turned into a solo project. I guess it is still a tag team project as Evil Homer cast the bricks and built the terrain. As for painting the terrain, that never came to pass. My hobby interest has been starting to wane again so I decided to do what I could to keep it going. The other day I dug out my airbrush did some work with it on an old unfinished piece of terrain. Evil Homer commented he never managed to get the terrain from the tag-team project painted so I told him I would do it.
As I said earlier Evil Homer was supposed to paint this but do to lack of time/motivation it was never finished. Since I have renewed my love/hate relationship with my airbrush I figured it would be a great time to get them done. See, I say love/hate because I love the effects and final product I get when using my airbrush. Unfortunately since I don't use it that often I tend to hate re-learning what I did before. Well I have been watching some airbrush vids on the net and there were a few things I think really helped me so this time it went a bit quicker. So more love...less hate.
Since these Hirst Arts bricks can be a bit difficult to spray paint into all the cracks I also came up with a good way to cover the areas in the cracks and crevices that did not get hit with the spray paint.
You can see the brown spotty areas on the cobblestones. Well that is the left over from me filling in the cracks. The paint I am using for this is quite thin so I was able to spray along some of the larger cracks to cover the white underneath. Where I over-sprayed onto the tops of the bricks I simply sprayed air only out of my airbrush to blow the majority of the paint into the cracks around it. I also did this with some of the piles of gravel. To my surprise it actually work quite well.
So now its all painted up and hopefully soon I can tell you about the grass work. I hope you like it.