Sunday, January 6, 2013

RIP Airbrush Compressor

I guess I am now in the market for a new airbrush compressor. I am not dead in the water as I already have two, but the one that died was the work horse I used the most. It was a fairly inexpensive model I bought at Harbor Freight, but it was adjustable so I was not set with a single pressure.



My backup however stepped up and performed like a champ. It will not work as a long term solution as much of what I am doing with my airbrush now requires much lower pressures than he puts out. I might try moving the regulator to the old one and see what happens. If that does not work I will need to get something else.

Now I just have to decide what I want to get to replace it. I think I might actually need to move up to something bigger and maybe has a tank. I am just worried about the noise. The one that just died was pretty quiet and the less noise the less likely it will draw aggro from the misses. 

No comments: