Tuesday, December 24, 2013

WIP 3: Yu Jing Spec Ops

A bit more work on the Spec Ops model that I am using for the Savage World game that our RPG group is playing. It's kinda hard to see what I have done with my current light set up. I have refined the armor with some additional highlights and done some work on the pants. I am not too sure how much more I am going to do on this model as working on it has made me anxious to finish it and move on to something else.

 I will probably work a bit more on the leather, the pants, and the metallics and call it quits. I may do something else on the back fins as I move in and out of love with them. Its a combination of the color not fitting the composition and not knowing exactly what direct I would take them.

For a warm up this model has come out pretty good I think, and I was surprised how quickly some of my skills are returning. We will see if I can maintain it across other models.

BTW...if you were wondering about the contraption holding the mini. It is a miniature holder from PK-Pro. I just got it and so far I like it. The wire with the skull gives you a place to rest your finger while you grip the base. The ceramic bottom rotates inside the metal so you can get a good angle to the model. There are two models one for 30mm and one for 54mm. I will try to do a full review of it after I have had the time to use it for a while. 
m

No comments: