Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crappy Weather, Wet Palette, and a Funk

So the past week in North Texas has been pretty much the same as the rest of the country. Cold as can be and covered in snow and ice. This is far from the norm here. If we get snow it is usually once a year and it hardly ever sticks to the ground for any length of time. This batch hung around for four days and pretty much crippled the town.


Along with the depression caused by being couped up in the house for 4 days straight, I am once again in a funk. I have been searching for something to spark my taste. The locals are knee deep in some Warmachine and I have been playing some of that myself. I painted some models for my Protectorate army but I am struggling to continue them. I have several projects on my bench but I am finding it hard to put any real time in them. I would probably be interested in building some terrain, but I can't come up with anything I want to build. Kinda like a writers block of sorts.

As a side note. Many of you took your time to take a look at my article about wet palettes. Well I thought I would do a quick update with something I noticed today that was quite surprising.
This is the palette I made when I was doing the article, and that was back in December. This picture is taken yesterday. Much of the paint on the picture you see here is the paint I applied right after the article. In addition I have not really used this paint in about 2 weeks. The thing that surprised me was that when I sat down yesterday to paint, much of that paint is still wet and usable. Now I do not recommend you leave paint on your palette for two weeks, but it does show exactly how much you can extend the life of paint on your palette if you choose to use one of these. This piece of paper was discarded after this photo so I could push out some new stuff. I just though you might find this interesting.

No comments: